1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Vintage 1965 Fender Jazz Bass Candy Apple Red 65

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikeswals, Jul 11, 2019.

1. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Price:
    Strings:
    Late 1965 Jazz Bass in candy apple red with matching headstock. A heavily played all-original vintage 60's bass with tons of player wear and great weight at only 8.9 lbs. Slim Jazz profile neck with its original frets with plenty of life still in them, and original nut, and dig the heavy thumb anchor wear at end of neck. The original finish is all here it's dinged, chipped and checked all over and worn through many spots and buckle rash on back. All of the hardware is original, pickguard is original, and complete with the covers, finger rest, and correct no-logo case.
    Neck stamped with 7 Dec 65 A, and unbound brazilian board, neck plate 120345, all late '65 features, including the oval tuners.
    Pickups are untouched and strong and correct for '65 gray bobbins, they simply have the 1 and 2 inspection markings from the winder, and the foam firmly stuck to them. Pots all match-date to 42nd week of '65, and there is only one solder joint wire repair, all other joints are original. Bridge shows lots of tarnishing, but is fully adjustable and complete.
    The headstock decal is original as is the red paint, but the vintage dealer I bought this from had to clean off some old hippie doodle artwork from around the logo and got the paint a little thin, so he lightly oversprayed clear on some spots on the headstock to preserve the thin red paint...but all the red paint is original!
    There are no extra holes or routing jobs or any mods, just an old bar queen player that has seen lots of action and it shows. I recently had it setup by the renowned Riggio shop with 45-105 flatwounds.

$8300 and we split shipping ($60+$60) US sale only! I'm not shipping this Braz rosewood across borders. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Oh my goose nuts:drool::drool::drool:

3. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Holy smokes!!! I never thought I would see the day that this was for sale. Too those interested... you won’t find a better Talk Bass member to work with!

groooooove and mikeswals like this.
  4. Rad bass!

5. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Holy Schmidt! Nice piece of history...

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Oh my!!!