1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Vintage 1974 (4-Bolt) Fender Jazz Bass w/ Case - Custom Color!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Bass Clef, Apr 11, 2019.

1. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef “the brian” Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Price:
    $3650
    Strings:
    6E9DF7C2-B3CD-44BF-8D70-8A0C9CD41B92.

Vintage 1974 (Custom Color Black) Fender Jazz Bass
    100% Original w/ Original Hard Shell Case

Awesome 1974 Fender Jazz Bass in original Black finish w/ white pickguard and bound maple neck with pearl blocks. Nothing has been changed or modified on this instrument - It's 100% original down to the last screw has the original thumbrest and case. It has finish wear, dings and scratches here and there, but overall very nice condition for being 45 years old! The original owner scratched his name and info on the neck plate, which just gives the bass some personal history. The original pickups are strong and loud, and the bass sounds incredible, ranging from fat, smooth vintage tone... to warm and growly like a pissed off mama bear with a turn of the tone knob! No issues, no mods, no repairs.

The neck feels incredible and the action is nice and low with fantastic playability all across the board. No dead or buzzy notes anywhere. Neck is straight, truss rod works good. The feel and tone of this bass are as good as it gets in my opinion - It’s a professional quality vintage instrument in every regard. The frets are all original with only minor wear and lots of life left. This neck is dated the 49th week of 1974 which makes it one of the last 4-bolt Jazz basses to leave the factory in the ‘70s (right before Fender made the change to the less desirable 3-bolt necks)!
    • Ser #: 631XXX (late 1974)
    • Neck Stamp: 0203-4942 (49th week of 1974)
    • Pot Codes: Neck P/U volume pot and tone pot read 137-7429 (29th week of 1974), and bridge P/U volume pot reads 137-7438 (38th week of 1974)
    • Pickup Codes: Both pickups are stamped 73774 (1974), and both have their original windings.
    • Weight: Very light for the mid ‘70s at only 8 lbs 11oz.!
    The original case is in good structural condition, but shows some wear from use. The case logo is still intact. All the latches work ok, but don’t spring back anymore.

*Click on the thumbnails below to enlarge*

$3650 OBO Shipped (USA)
    Paypal Accepted.
    *I take deposits and I ship International to most countries - message me for a quote.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM
  2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Killer!

The Bass Clef likes this.
  3. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!