1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD VINTAGE 1980'S *** TRACE ELLIOT AH250 GP 11 *** made in England. One of the BEST amps

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mb94952, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

For those of you looking, you already know the legendary status this amp holds.
    The TRACE ELLIOT AH 250 GP 11 was one of the first boutique super amps made. All the solder connections contain 24k gold to help with conduction. No corners were cut. All high grade parts were used. Made in England.

Both The old Trace Elliots and Rolls Royces were both made by hand and made in England. Yes, they are the same level. This was the Rolls Royce bass amp.

This amp has BOTH the slow/fast fan mode, and the on/off for the (working) black light.

This amp has the DEFINITIVE Trace Elliot tone. If you want to sound like Mark King, or John Entwistle, this is where you start. NOTHING sounds like a classic Trace Elliot

The amp needs to be used. I plugged it in today and played it after a long time of it sitting. The input jack seemed a little dirty, but plugging/unplugging seemed to work some.

I think $280 shipped is a fair price for this amp. $250 Local sale

Please don't confuse this with the new Trace Elliots. It's like comparing a classic muscle car to an economy car

[DEL]$400[/DEL] [DEL]$350[/DEL] shipped !!!

Again - $280 shipped ! FINAL price

CHASE QUICKPAY PREFERRED and Paypal is ok, too

TraceElliotAH250wfan002.
    TraceElliotAH250wfan007.
    TraceElliotAH250wfan012.
    TraceElliotAH250wfan015.
    TraceElliotAH250wfan016.
    TraceElliotAH250wfan014.

2. Solely curious (since I'm beyond broke right now, unfortunately) in asking about the two switches to the right of the EQ sliders...they do what?

3. mb94952

Great question !
    - The top switch is for Noise Reduction on/off
    - The bottom switch is for EQ in/out

4. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    Bump for a loud conservative rated solid state amp. I owned one of the very 1st TE AH250 heads that came over from England
    These are great amps but I have to kindly disagree with your comparison to the old vs new TE

I presently play new TE and being an electronics tech who works on my equiptment I can honestly say both old and new are built and play great IMO;)

Again great amp and good fortune with the sale

5. mb94952

I just meant tone wise. I have no idea if the new ones are built well or not. Thanks for the bump !

6. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    The tone, trust me is there my friend. Like any TE preamp you have to know how to properly set them up. Again I did not mean to come off wrong or hijack your post!

Anyone who purchases your Trace AH250 head will be pleased!

7. mb94952

No ! You didn't come off wrong at all. To me the older ones just sound better. They have the Level 42 tone for sure. I am not a tech, so I will take your word on the other stuff.

Anyway, still available.

8. mb94952

Final price drop

$280 shipped !!!

9. mb94952

SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.