1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage 1982 USA made Kramer Pioneer New Pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CelinderMotoMan, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    1982 USA Made Kramer Pioneer Series Jazz bass for sale.
    Black w/maple board. Double jazz pickups (similar to Dualcoils). The serial # is B4817 dating it to 1982. It comes with a BURGANDY CANVAS GIGBAG. $350 USPS Money Order only, all sales final. Buyer pays $50 shipping.

This is taken from http://www.vintagekramer.com/pioneer.htm.

The Pioneer Bass Page

"Debuting in 1981 alongside the first Kramer wood neck guitars was the Pioneer bass. Clearly a refined copy of the classic Fender basses, the Pioneer sported some unusual features such as employing Jazz and Precision attributes and coil tap functions on the same basses. The body woods varied. The translucent models will be of ash and/or maple while the solid colors were mostly alder or poplar. All pickups were listed in catalogs as being JBX and PBX of unknown origins, probably Schaller. Hardware was mostly by Schaller also. All scale lengths were 34" and all Pioneers had 21 frets. "

"The Pioneer Double "J" or Jazz bass was exactly what it was called...a Fender Jazz bass copy. Body resembled the Fender Jazz and sported 2 Jazz or JBX pickups. There was also, in keeping with the Jazz bass motif, a gold or chrome control plate holding 2 volumes and 1 tone and the imput jack. This model also had the 2 switches, one for pickup select and one for 3 way tone switching."

2. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    More pics

3. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Close up

4. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    1982 USA Made Kramer Pioneer Series Jazz bass for sale.
    White (aged to a nice cream) w/ rosewood board. Double jazz pickups (similar to Dualcoils). The serial # is B2853 dating it to early 1982. It comes with a Fender style cream tweed case.. There is a crack in the headstock (see pic below) It does not affect the function or playability of the bass, it is cosmetic only. I have priced the bass low because of it. $200 USPS Money Order only, all sales final. Buyer pays $50 shipping.

This is taken from http://www.vintagekramer.com/pioneer.htm.

The Pioneer Bass Page

"Debuting in 1981 alongside the first Kramer wood neck guitars was the Pioneer bass. Clearly a refined copy of the classic Fender basses, the Pioneer sported some unusual features such as employing Jazz and Precision attributes and coil tap functions on the same basses. The body woods varied. The translucent models will be of ash and/or maple while the solid colors were mostly alder or poplar. All pickups were listed in catalogs as being JBX and PBX of unknown origins, probably Schaller. Hardware was mostly by Schaller also. All scale lengths were 34" and all Pioneers had 21 frets. "

"The Pioneer Double "J" or Jazz bass was exactly what it was called...a Fender Jazz bass copy. Body resembled the Fender Jazz and sported 2 Jazz or JBX pickups. There was also, in keeping with the Jazz bass motif, a gold or chrome control plate holding 2 volumes and 1 tone and the imput jack. This model also had the 2 switches, one for pickup select and one for 3 way tone switching."

5. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Headstock

6. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    There is also a small gouge in the body down to the wood, on the back of the bass. Like I said, it is priced accordingly.

7. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Bump. Ebay claims that I was "abusing" them because I refuse to take Paypal, so they cancelled my auctions.

8. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    uffff when i see such FS basses i really regret that iam not settled in USA.....

9. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    Pm sent

10. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    PM sent

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That reminds me a Fender Roscoe Beck Sig.

12. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    PMs replied

13. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Exactly, has a huge sound as well. PMs replied

14. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Alot of people PMing me but both are still available. Neck has a flat profile that is slightly wider than a Jazz but not as wide as a Pbass.

15. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Bump

16. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Bump TTT, sent a PM

17. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    PM replied. Also, I think the black one is spoken for.

18. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Paypal sent for white one...

19. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    White one is sold. Black one is on hold until monday, if payment doesn't come then, it's back up for sale.

20. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Black one back up for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.