1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage 1986 Ibanez Roadstar II RB885 5 String Bass Made in Japan with Gig Bag *PRICE DROP*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thumpin6string, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have for sale a Vintage Black 1986 Ibanez Roadstar II RB885 5 String Bass Guitar. It is in Excellent condition with a few minor bumps and bruises from normal use. There are also previous owners names on the neck plate. This looks, sounds and plays fantastic. It comes with a Kaces Gig Bag. Check out the pictures for more details. I'm asking $350 plus shipping. Please PM me with questions, for a shipping quote, or to buy it. Thanks for looking. IMG_2658.JPG IMG_2659.JPG IMG_2660.JPG IMG_2665.JPG IMG_2661.JPG IMG_2662.JPG IMG_2663.JPG IMG_2664.JPG IMG_2666.JPG IMG_2667.JPG IMG_2668.JPG

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Those low impedance Ibanez pickups are sweet! GLWTS!

3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    My first 5 string bass was one of these in pearl white. A very nice bass for the time. GLWTS

4. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    It does sound nice. With the round wounds there is a nice growl. I'm hoping someone will give it a good home and a good workout. It needs to be played.

5. Blackjac97

Blackjac97 Supporting Member

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    Curious about the scale length. Thanks!

6. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    34" scale.

7. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I find Ibanez basses from the mid seventies to the mid/late eighties to be the best things out there for regular folks money. Only fancy things like Ken Smiths have ever felt more naturally musical and expressive in my hands.

Anyone who currently has a mass produced starter bass and wants to find their forever bass would do well to snag a bass like this. GLWS.

8. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    I agree, this is one of the nicest sounding basses I've played. It is also a comfortable bass to play. I have it for sale on a total of 4 sites and have had a lot of traffic, but no offers yet. I'd like to see it go to someone who would appreciate playing it. You interested?

Standalone likes this.
  9. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Interested, yes. But I have one from the year prior -- My RB 850 -- that fills that space in my collection! I usually keep that one at Church, it does great there. I especially like how it can move easily from being a chill in-the-pocket bass to a good growl and more forward tone really with just technique more than even knob twisting. A very musical all-rounder.

10. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    ... I don't currently have a 5, though....

11. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    You need one.:D:thumbsup:

Standalone likes this.
  12. The Thinker

The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Do you know the spacing at the bridge?

13. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    It is fairly narrow at between 14mm to 15mm. I'm used to my 6 string that has 19mm spacing, but I find this bass is actually easier to play.

The Thinker likes this.