1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage 1986 Peavey Foundation S Bass, red sparkle, made in USA!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EpicSoundtracks, Dec 27, 2017.

1. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    Good condition Peavey Foundation S four-string bass, made in Meridian, Mississippi in 1986. Red metal flake finish. Thin, fast neck, P/J pickup configuration, plays and sounds good. Two non-original knobs. Got its share of dings, some through the finish into the color coat. This is a player's bass for sure. Wears a brand-new set of medium nickel-steel strings.

No case or bag, but will be well packed. Can ship with neck off for safety and cost savings if buyer requests. Thanks for looking! 

IMG_4783.JPG

2. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    IMG_4784.JPG IMG_4786.JPG IMG_4785.JPG IMG_4787.JPG

TinIndian, abotaun and bassguyky48 like this.
  3. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    These were great basses. The pickups are Schaller PBX and JBX and sound very good. Anyone who would buy anything else at this price point is just stupid. Someone buy this now. GLWTS!

4. These basses have wonderful necks, great tones, and are an awesome value.

5. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
  6. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I own a 1986 Foundation S in Pearl White. I bought it new and have played the heck out of it. This one is in better shape than mine.

These are great basses. Also I believe the Schallers are licensed versions of Dimmarzios if I remember right.

bassguyky48 and EpicSoundtracks like this.
  7. WOW!!! A true hidden gem! I have a regular Foundation from 1986 in this same colour. I can only imagine how awesome this bass sounds and feels to play. It certainly looks incredible! I love the matching headstock too!

EpicSoundtracks likes this.
  8. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Alien Audio Basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    What are you looking for as far as trades?

9. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    • Peavey 4-string basses ('70s and '80s preferred, not much interest in later or current stuff)
    • Japanese 4 strings including Fender copies and weirder stuff (Greco, Aria, Tokai, Orville etc)
    • GK heads (800RB, 700RB, 1001RB, MB500, no combos please)
    • Short scale 4-strings, especially semihollows (Dano, Guild, D'Angelico, Eastwood)
    • A Tronographic Rustybox

10. I can't believe this is still here. Too bad the rosewood neck doesn't allow it to cross the border!

11. Blackjac97

Blackjac97 Supporting Member

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    Is this a 35" peavy? Thanks!

12. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    I have had my foundation with super ferries for sale up here also. And it want some love also. I have had both versions
    and both sound great. The S can get the P tone a lot better, and the super ferrite one is like a J bass without brakes. GLWTS.

EpicSoundtracks and Rocker47 like this.
  13. I have the super ferrite version too and love it! I looked very hard into this one and what it would take to get it across the border. It’s an extra $100US tax to be able to send the rosewood fretboard up to Canada. Brutal! I can only imagine how awesome this sounds!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Jones64 and EpicSoundtracks like this.
  14. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Really, why is this still here? If i didnt already have one id buy it in a heartbeat.
    great necks and high quality build in the US from Peavey. I bought mine new in 86 and i tried all the available Fenders at the time and this was a better built, playing and sounding bass and it was less expensive too. I had the money to buy a Fender but it was an inferior bass. I still gig mine even now.

Seriously, someone needs to take this home.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    EpicSoundtracks, Rocker47 and Jones64 like this.
  15. Blackjac97

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    What's the scale length on this bad boy? I know some Peavy 4s have a 35" scale, not sure if this is one of them. Thanks!

16. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    These are 34"

17. Blackjac97

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    Okay, thanks.

18. EpicSoundtracks