1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage '66 Precision Bass - $9,950

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Szeedawg, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Szeedawg

Szeedawg

Nov 6, 2008
    Spend your tax refund on something way more fun than 401ks or RRSPs. My '66 PBass is for sale: $8,750.

I bought her a few years back from Rudy’s on 48th Street in Manhattan. They’ve got this little shop off Broadway; on the third floor is where they keep the basses. I was there on business and went to have a look, and there she was. They said she had a good run on Broadway but I can’t verify that.

I can say, however, that she has that killer P-Bass tone that only comes with age and maturity. I’ve recorded her quite a bit and she sounds great direct. She doesn’t need much compression at all – just give her a steady hand and she’ll do the rest. Apparently the guitar tech who set her up is the same guy who does all of Clapton’s guitars, and in four years I’ve never had to do a thing to her. The action is low and smooth.

There is a minor scratch on the top ridge but overall she’s in amazing shape for somebody who’s 45. Wish I could say the same about me.

She comes with the original case, and with the vintage assessment from Rudy's. The serial number is 166530.

I keep her at the studio, so if you’re serious about this I can send you some MP3s direct into Logic if you want to hear what she sounds like.

Please note that if you play polka music with this bass I will know, and I will come after you. Country music is great, rock is great, funk is even better. But no polka, please. :)

Attached Files:

0.jpg
      File size:
      107.9 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      77.4 KB
      Views:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.