1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage 70's Ampeg V4 head and 810 SVT Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mikopita, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    I was using this rig for quite a few gigs during a period of about a year and a half up until a few months ago when it died in the middle of a set. I had it serviced just a couple of months prior to it dying, and it seemed to have blown a transistor and a power tube. I took the chassis out (and will do so again and take pics), and it's noticeably a minor repair. Seems like that along with new output tubes would have this thing sounding sweet again.

The cab sounds unreal with every head I've used. I don't know much about the speakers, but they're mismatched. It's got some tears, but is a real beast. The whole rig has been a major head turner at a lot of shows

Since it needs work and I don't want to ship or separate the two at this time, I'm selling low in the hopes of finding someone local who will put this to good use. I'd prefer to not have to go craigslist.

Looking for $500 and I'm willing to drive...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Killer rig that needs just a little tlc!!! I've dropped the asking price and would really just love to find a good home for it.

3. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    That's a steal of a deal. The head looks like it's in great condition.

4. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    What part of Florida ?

5. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement

Wow....good old 7027's... My '66 B-18 has the original two 7027's in it. Great tube. I'm SOOOO glad they're being made again.

6. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    I'm in Central Florida... about 1/2 hr west of Daytona and 1/2 north of Orlando

7. arthur31686

arthur31686

Mar 7, 2011
    And why hasn't anyone grabbed this yet?

8. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    House was broken into yesterday and several items were stolen... I need the money to cover a couple of things (security cams etc.), and really need to move this. I'm selling dirt cheap... a couple hundred in repairs and tubes and this thing will be the bomb! $500 local in Central Florida. There has to be someone who can use this.

9. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    great price. good luck.

10. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sorry to hear about your house, if I was around FL I would snag this up in a second.

11. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Is currently on craigslist... not really too thrilled about it so if someone here really has interest please let me know.

12. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Sold locally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.