1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage 70's Fernandes P Bass, Stone Logo, "A" Neck, Japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, May 31, 2018.

1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Price:
    $475
    Strings:
    For Sale Only - Late 70's Japanese "stone logo" Fernandes precision with an EMG GZR Pickup. This is like having a Fender Roadworn, but with an “A” width (Jazz) neck. The bass features an aged Oly White finish on ash body, authentic roadworn marks, skunk-striped maple neck, 1.5" jazz bass nut width and weighs 9.4 pounds. Definitely a player’s bass, this has a tight neck pocket, excellent balance and plays great. Currently strung with flats. I understand these basses were not sold in the US, and could only be imported from Japan. Neck profile is not chunky, but not ultra slim either – call it a nice, comfortable medium. As can be seen in the pics, there are two sticker shadows from the finish aging, but they don’t stand out all that much. I’ve had Fender Roadworn P basses, and this one will easily stand up to those or any other P bass. Comes with padded gig bag. Smoke-free, pet-free environment. This bass is so good that I've owned it twice, but with some other recent additions, I've got to make room. Will sell and ship in the CONUS only for $475.

Attached Files:

fishstix, R&B, aaronious and 5 others like this.
  2. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Bump for an excellent bass. The neck on this is unlike any other I've ever come across. Well worth the money.

rbeck47 likes this.
  3. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    As of right now, I'm leaning toward keeping this. It's just a great P bass!

4. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Very nice and underrated basses.

rbeck47 likes this.
  5. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Yes, I agree. I'm leaving this up for now, but I won't have a problem keeping it either.

6. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Wish I had the scratch I would take this in a heartbeat. Who knows if some of my stuff sells I will jump on it.

xhawk5 and rbeck47 like this.
  7. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    I’m going to keep this one for now.

8. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    I've waffled back and forth enough. Back up for sale!

9. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    And sold! Thanks TB.

10. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Dang, missed it!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020