1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage A.M.P. (Amplified Music Products) BH-420 Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Buzz Fluhart, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    **** SOLD ************** SOLD ****************** SOLD ****
    (Thanks to all who sent inquiries, and a Special Thank You to Ray Salamon for his tremendous help with this ad. He's a Blessing to know.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent working condition A.M.P BH-420 bass head. The last 2 knobs on the far right are missing the gray plastic position indicator caps.
    I purchased this head because of all the rumors I read and heard over the years, about it being such a Great performing and sounding head....and also got a great deal on it. But to be honest, it's really "too much" amp for my needs. I mainly play a LongBow American Classic 2-string bass, custom designed 2-string and 3-string Wishbasses, and a Ampeg ADAB1 acrylic bass and Jay Turser Scarabe', both modified to 2-string models. I simply don't need all the "extras" associated with this head. The 2 Randall R-300 heads and Peavey F-800B Super Festival head I now use seem to supply the simplistic limit of volume and tonal abilities that are best suited for my 2 and 3-string style of playing. The BH-420 will be an excellent amp for anyone who requires (or craves) all the controls and ajustments it offers.
    NO Trades Please. The price is $275.00 shipped (Shipping is within the CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES ONLY, Please !!. Sorry, Alaska, Hawaii, and the rest of planet Earth). I can post only 2 pictures on TB, but I have several more of the entire head at different angles. If you will please send me an email address, I will gladly email the remaining pictures to you. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm on AOL and it will not allow me to send photos through TB's medium.
    Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me, and Thanks for checking out my ad.

BuzzFluhart@aol.com

Attached Files:

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Send me the pics and I'll host them for you: rjsalamon (at) hotmail (dot) com.

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I think you'll sell it just fine with those two pictures

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    "recommend me a good inexpensive head"

ding ding ding!

5. jkdahlman

jkdahlman Ambitious But Rubbish

Jul 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Did you get this one from Quadzilla? Looks familiar. Just wondering...

6. Email sent...

7. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    Thanks a million, Ray. I'll email them to you tonight. In my book, you're the "E" string on a 2-string bass !! Be well, my Friend.

8. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    Thanks so much for the kind encouragement, Dave. Be well, take care, and much good health to you and your family.

9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah that does look like one of my old heads.

10. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    Thanks for the interest, jkdahlman, but the head was purchased at M-Troniks Engineering, who operate a LOT on the barter system. If you bring them something to be repaired and don't have the money to pay for the repairs, M-Torniks will take other equipment as payment for the repair bill. In this amp's case, a customer brought in a 1964 Fender P-Bass for repairs, but was unable to pay for them when work was completed. So, he bartered (traded) this A.M.P. head and a Fender BXR-115B cabinet as payment for his repair bill. I purchases the head shortly afterwards.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Buzz Fluhart

Buzz Fluhart

Jan 10, 2008
    Hey Ray, I can't Thank You enough for posting these photos for me. They must have worked.....the amp Sold this morning !! I don't know you personally, but I consider you a Friend in my heart....and that is a Blessing from above.
    Be well, my Friend, and I wish you and you family much happiness and good health.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Good to hear it sold! :)

14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

At that price, it's not a surprise. That's CHEAP for a BH-420! Good news. So who is the lucky TBer getting this baby?

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    indeed, I have my trusty BH-250 and I'm in the process of designing / building my own all tube head... but I actually paused to review my 'for fun' budget to try to jump on this at that price!

Congrats to whoever scored it :bassist:

16. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    nice grab. I wonder if it was the guy asking in "AMPS" section about needing a rig for under 1300 bucks.

17. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    nope, not him. :ninja:

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice!

19. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Replacing the nice Gibson I am caring for ?!

:)

20. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm in CT/NY these days...we should compare them one of these days. You and James have dibs if it doesn't make the cut...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.