Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage Ampeg SVT 810 Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 8mmOD, Aug 29, 2005.

1. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    My vintage 810 has the dolly attached, but the wheels were replaced. a NOS 810 dolly just sold on ebay & i noticed in the pic that 2 of the casters are set and the other 2 spin. all 4 casters on mine spin & it seems that it would be easier to "steer" if i put set casters on one side like the original design. it would be easy enough to go buy the part and just try it, but do you folks with the set casters on one side think its a good design, or is it hard to steer the thing?

[​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I never had a problem moving mine with the 2 set casters.

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    After seeing the set casters it seems that design makes more sense. when both sets spin it can get away from you. :meh:

4. With two of them set it is easier to steer, trust me.

5. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    logic tells me this is the case. home depot, here i come. thanks