1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Trade Vintage Ampeg V4 back plate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by two fingers, Aug 14, 2016.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Price:
    Up for trade. This is an actual back plate from a vintage (early 70s) Ampeg V4. For some reason I forgot to put it back on when I sold the amp a few years ago and have long since lost that guy's contact info.

Fliptops will make you a brand new one for $42. I have no idea what the "going rate" for a vintage one is.

What do I want? Heck I don't know. I'm not trying to get over on anyone here. I just thought it would be fun to offer it up for trade and see what happens. Couple sets of 5 string bass strings you have laying around (nickel)? A couple T shirts from bars you play at? (Size men's large) A cool strap? Whataya got? I'm about to crash out for the night. I'll check all PMs in the morning and answer them in the order they were received.

Thanks.
    20160814_231929. 20160814_231941.

2. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Bump

3. Was it made in Linden? Is it 13-ply Baltic birch? Is that the original tolex? Does it come with the orginal clutch head screws? Can you post more pics? :laugh:

kosmicwizard likes this.
  4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ha! All I know is that I pulled it off the back of an actual vintage V4 I used to own. I figured rather than throw it away I would see if it was worth a couple T-shirts or something. :D

5. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Where would this go on the cab? I have a 70's v4.

two fingers likes this.
  6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Goes on back of the head. :D

7. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I'm dumb lol