vintage Ampeg V4B

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by nil, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Hiya,

I've got a vintage V4B that is surplus to requirements.

Here's the deal...
    I bought it (sight unseen) from MusicGoRound a while ago, tested by the store, and shipped to a friend in CA, but never ended up getting it shipped to me in NZ. It's currently living in San Mateo, all packaged up.

It's all original, Magnavox-era, with original 7027A's, and it even has it's backplate! I haven't seen it in the flesh, but have several photos that the store sent me.

I'm not looking at making $$ on this, just to re-coup what I spent, and would rather see it go to a fellow TB'er.

Anyone keen?
  2. wow, Id love to see some pics if you have them. consider me interested.
  3. *bounce*

Surely someone wants vicious Ampeg tone? :D
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Is the V4B 100 watts? Are the output tranny and power caps supposed to be in good shape?
  5. Yup, the V4B is 100w (probably more like 120w) from 4 x 7025A (6L6) tubes.

I wish I could answer your question better but the amp's nowhere near me :(

I did ask the store (by phone and email) when I bought it about the condition - they had given it a thorough *sound* test, and said everything was sweet. Judging from my similar vintage V4 (that I found here in NZ) I would assume that everything internal is fine (maybe the tubes would need replacing but that's a given on vintage gear).

I'm sure if you're in the SSF area you could check it out...