1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Vintage Amplifier and Cabinet Extrvaganza!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by apehead, Apr 17, 2015.

1. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Price:
    See Ad
    OK, just going to slap this post up, I can get pics upon request:

1976 Fender Super Twin. 180 watt 2x12 combo. Keep your chiropractor employed! One of the screw holes from the cabinet to the chassis is stripped/cracked. Amp still sticks to the top, though. Works good. Non reverb version. $700

1976 Fender Quad Reverb. 100 watt 4x12 combo. A rare bird indeed! I think the master volume knob is rarely intermittent, usually works just fine. $700

1976 Fender Bassman 2x15 "V4" cabinet, another odd duck. Original Jensens included, but in need of re-cone. $250

1974 Kustom tuck and roll 4x12 tower cabinet. Two original Ross speakers included (only one works), and two JBL hifi speakers (both need re-cone). Road worn for sure. $100.

Primarily looking for Jazz bass necks with the serial # beginning in S7, S8, S9, or maybe E0, solid rock maple jazz bass bodies, and jazz bass pickups with alnico magnets and between 8.5k and 11k DC resistance. Can combine with any of the stuff on the Bass Extravaganza thread for offers. Very flexible!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    bump

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Um, a '78 Super Reverb is the 4x10 guitar amp that's very popular with blues-oriented guitarists, not a 2x12 combo.

4. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I'm selling a super twin non-reverb version, not a super reverb. Turns out it's 180 watts, not 140 BTW. Can handle bass just fine. In fact, Fender released this same amp as a 1x15 bass combo called the Fender Studio Bass.

5. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Ah, The Super Twin, not a Super Reverb.

GLWS

6. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    Cool. I suggest editing the original post, so potential buyers don't have to wade through multiple posts to figure out what you are selling.

7. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Sorry, didn't realize the typo was on the OP. Not that it matters, nobody wants this stuff anyways!

8. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    No worries. Just trying to help. There may be a few people interested in a Super Twin but you might never know if the original post refers to it as a Super Reverb. Best of luck with the sale :thumbsup: