Vintage Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wild Bill, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    does anyone know of any good vintage bass amps that are sold from $200-$500 and are around 100w?
  2. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Amps from the 60's-70's
  3. you could probably find a fender bassman or some sort of ampeg for around that price on E-bay...
  4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
  5. Look at Ampeg V4-B's. They sound great and can be found cheap. Kind of a mini SVT!
  6. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Bill - that fender M80 isn't a bad amp, but it sure isn't vintage by a long shot. Probably an early 90's model.
  7. Smash,
    I sure am, you know them? I mixed sound for them many times and I actually recorded and produced their first CD. I'm a bit hesitant to admit that because it didn't turn out very good. My first studio gig, not great gear and no time. Great band, they're doing very well in Europe.

The old Traynors are great amps!
  8. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I've seen both Sunn and Traynor amps in your price range on Ebay. I highly recommend them both.
  9. rancid31

Feb 1, 2002
    I have a kustom 200 head, and a matching 2 15" cab i can sell you for $400 if you want. Its an origional tuck and roll(back when they were still made in America) and ive just had the power source in the head replaced, and i had a 3 prong power chord installed. e-mail me at if youre interested.
  10. barroso

Aug 16, 2000