Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

vintage basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MasqueOfFilth, Apr 2, 2005.

1. hello everyone. im looking for like a beat up but in working conditon and still sounds decent jazz or p bass. i love that vintage look of a bass but still works goos, ya know? i cant seem to find any around at all. is there some kind of vintage bass guitar trader website out there somewhere that i dont know about? or maybe even a person trying to get rid of one. someone must know something here...

2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Where in NJ are you? Guitar Center in Union has a fair variety of vintage Fender basses in good shape. Prices are a tad higher than what I would pay personally.

New Jersey Guitar and Bass in Edison is also a good source for vintage Fenders. http://members.aol.com/njgtrbass/frames.htm

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Depending on what you're looking for, there are other options. I was looking for a pre CBS Jazz and they want a lot of $$$ for those things. I found a used Lakland USA Joe Osborne for less money and I quit looking for old Fenders. Big String here on TB had one for sale for a very reasonable amount. You might PM him and see if it's still for sale. Very good basses.