1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vintage basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArvindJayaram, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Hey peeps,
    Anyone heard of this company before?

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintagebass.html

It looks pretty well established, even though I've never heard of them. Artist roster and everything. Also, I've heard of Wilkinson (which supplies all the tuners and pickups), but thought they were a company that makes razor blades. So it's pretty interesting.

I was specifically checking out their 950B model. Kind of a Warwick body clone. Seems like they've got pretty good reviews in some magazines.

Any inputs?

- Jimmy

2. Wow. No one have any idea? I did a forum search with no result.

- Jimmy

3. Scotland

Scotland

Aug 16, 2012
    Made by JHS in the UK. I have their Tony Butler (Big Country) signature bass and love it....LOVE it !!

4. Kind of pricy £329 for the Beatle bass that is 517.78 usd

5. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Wow, my local music shop actually carries these basses in store. I was looking through last week and thought they were a cheap knock off due to the 'Vintage' headstock logo that kinda looks like they tried to copy the Fender font...Also the neck finish looked really over the top IMO.

Reading the specs however they seem to be pretty good looking. Maybe i will head back and try them out...

6. My music teacher in high school (went to university for music, specializing in Jazz bass performance I believe) has one, and loves it. I've played it, seems pretty nice.

7. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    I've played them. they're not bad, good value for the money. There are others I'd take over them in that price range

The UK gets shafted on prices of these kind of things. I've seen the Vintage basses go for closer to $250 (used) here.