1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Big Muff Pi, finally resurrected from disrepair.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jbybj, Apr 12, 2015.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Bought this Muff years ago at a garage sale for $10, it was broken. What I discovered is that the way in which the pots were mounted to the circuit board, once installed in the enclosure, caused the circuit board to bend slightly. Over time this caused some of the traces to crack and fail. I would repair a failed trace with "point to point" wiring, until the next one failed. Once the circuit board finally stabilized, I realized that the pots were causing all kinds of problems. Finally got around to replacing all the pots yesterday, and success. Stable, awesome, Big Muff fuzzies. So I made a video. Like to see it? Here it comes……

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Big Muff Pi Resurrection Bass demo - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Sounds awesome mate!