Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage Blonde Fender Jazz Bass Help~

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FourStrings88, Nov 2, 2005.

1. FourStrings88

FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    Well...

My music teacher is would like to sell me a Vintage Blonde Fender Jazz 4 String Bass for 125 bucks now it is used it does have a BIT of damge (Chipping on the bottom and such) but for the most part its in good condition.Do you think it is worth the money of a 15 year old...Will I pass on the biggest mistake of my life? Lemme know Thanks

2. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    Buy it.

3. Wayner

Wayner

May 7, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    Heheheh... if you don't buy it, I'll gladly take it off your music teacher's hands :)

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    At first, I was going to ask if it was Mexican or Korean, but then I thought that your music teacher is doing you a huge favor regardless of the country of origin. Buy it and thank him profusely!

5. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    What specifically do you mean by "vintage"..........what year is the bass?

Anyone in the business of teaching music will have at least a small bit of knowlege regarding the value of instruments - it doesn't take much to know that selling a '70 Jazz Bass for $125 is not a very wise move. So I'd be a bit wary.

I'll put it this way........what you're saying here is roughly equivalent to saying that your neighbor, who is a factory trained Chevrolet mechanic, would like to sell you a 1963 Corvette for $2500. But it has a few scratches......

Something smells very fishy here.

On the other hand, any bass that plays fairly well and sounds decent is worth $125, so you really can't lose on the deal.

6. My guess is this...the colour is Vintage Blonde and the bass is NOT a CIJ, or MIA...

most likely it is a MIM...even so...it there is only a little damage and the bass plays and sound great $125 is a good price...

7. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe "vintage blonde" was the color, too.........but then, AFAIK, "vintage blonde" is strictly a custom shop color used on various "relic" models......and so you're still talking about a bass that's worth quite a few $$$$.

But whatever it is, if it's a Fender, if it's got a straight neck and makes noise at all, it's gonna be worth $125.

8. BUY IT.

9. FourStrings88

FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    I think Ill buy it...My teacher is also my friend so he would and couldnt rip me off for 125 bucks.Im buying it THANKS GUYS and I promise soon as I get it I will get you some Pictures =)

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

10. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Good move....for 125 bucks you can't go wrong, unless of course it folds in two for easy storage....... :eek:

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If it plays, I'll pay $200 or less for any Fender sight unseen. Go for it!