1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage D'addario halfrounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Gorn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    20 something year old discontinued halfrounds. I tried daddarios current nickel halfrounds and I couldn't stand them. These are fantastic and not sticky like the nickels. Bright and full or warm and thumpy with minimal fingernoise, and black silks which is always nice.

Attached Files:

2. .
    So, are you saying you want to sell them?
    Or you just like them and wanted to tell us about it?

(I'm being serious here, no sarcasm!)

:)

3. That's all I used some 20 years ago... Hopefully you have a large stash?

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I never did like the HR II series. I guess I was hooked on the original nickle HR-72 that preceded the stainles HR-II. I eventually found I liked the GHS Brite-Flats much better for a modified roundwound, but that in the end modded rounds were a compromise that didn't work for me.

But I'm thinking of slapping a set of Brite Flats on one of my fretless basses for while...

John

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The guy was selling two so I got both in case they were awesome. So my stash is two unless I can find more.

Nope, just sharing.

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I always heard brite flats were sticky, which was the problem with the current daddario halfrounds.

7. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    I LOVE the pure nickel D'Addario Half Rounds! Just goes to show ya how different people are. I know lots of people who love them and count me in!