1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage dealers??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 61pollmann, Sep 30, 2008.

1. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I'm thinking of selling two vintage basses on consignment. Don't want to deal with Ebay. Can anyone recommend a really good dealer who gets lots of traffic for better stuff? I would limit it to about 300 miles from SE Wisconsin. I don't want to ship. One is an early Musicman Stingray from 1977-78. The other is a 1961 Precision. Please don't pm me with trade offers. If I decide to sell directly, I will put up an ad here on TB.

Thanks,

George

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    You should probably look through gbase.com and see if there's any vintage dealers that are near you, and do consignments. The only big one I can think of is Willie's Guitars, but I don't know if it's in your 300mi range. Then there's Chicago Music Exhange.

3. Willie's is here in the Twin Cities. Dave's Guitar Shop in LaCrosse, WI is another one to consider. Both are reputable shops.

4. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    10+ Chicago Music Exchange

G

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Rock & Roll vintage in Chicago deals with high end vintage stuff

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Rumble Seat in Ithaca NY...I don't know if he'll do consignment though...

7. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Chicago Music Exchange is A#1 when it comes to vintage stuff..

Also

Elderly Instruments comes to mind, Gruhn Guitars as well..

8. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Who knows? They might give you top dollar for those basses, especially a 61 Precision...that's some rare stuff, my friend.

Just be sure you know what it's worth or at least what you want for it before you go there. That's my advise.

9. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I've heard of Willie's, but it's about 350 miles. Chicago is a lot closer, so I may try that. Thanks for the info.

George

10. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Elderly has 2 early '60s P basses on their site $12K and $13K. I wish congress would bail me out. I'd like both of them.

G

11. Lennard III.

Lennard III.

Aug 21, 2008
    Germany
    Endorsing Artist : Fodera Guitars , Harvest fine leather bags & straps
    thanks for your plus points for Chicago Music Exchange

I just ordered a Lefty 78' Jazz Bass there - for a good price and they people were great to deal with.... I'll sent the money tomorrow so I'll relate about the bass later :)