1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

vintage DiMarzio Jazz style PUPs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by monkeybass68, Mar 8, 2013.

1. DIMARZIO JAZZ PICKUPS - VINTAGE (from mid '80's) - awesome, bright sounding PUPs - $70 shipped - PAYPAL & CONUS only.

Dimarzio_zps63c61757.

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    can you take a picture of the underside of the pickups and with the covers off?

3. I'll try to do that on Monday, didn't bring them home for the weekend.

4. Pic of back of PUPs with cover removed:
    DMpups_zpsc2de1f42.

5. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    i think those are Seymour Duncans

6. Nope, they're DiMarzios. Can't tell from the pic, but inside of covers is stamped DiMarzio U.S.A.

7. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    hmmm weird. Are they humbuckers?

8. I believe they're single coils, but to be honest, I don't know enough about PUPs to know for sure.

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    theyre not dimarzios. the covers are removable like any other cover. i have a set of pickup covers in my parts bin that are stamped dimarzio.

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    with poly leads? they could be anything. a pic of the coil might help.

11. Well, seeing as how they were untouched for over 25 years, I'm 99.9999% positive they are DiMarzios. These were the original PUPs in my custom bass that I bought in 1986. I only swapped them out a few months ago to go for a different sound. Otherwise, they've been untouched since the bass was built.

12. bump

13. bump

14. bump

15. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    by the way, I believe these are duncans. DiMarzios would have 4 wires....

16. Nope, they're not Duncans.

17. Bump

18. theWalkingFred

theWalkingFred Banned

Mar 20, 2013
    Vintage DiMarzios have green, black and white wires

19. Thanks for that info Fred, I'll take a look at them & see if that's the case with these.
    These were in my bass that was made in around '85 or '86, so would that fall into the "Vintage DiMarzio" time period u were thinking about?

20. theWalkingFred

theWalkingFred Banned

Mar 20, 2013
    Yes, what did they come out of? Also, i thought the DiMarzios were sealed with wax duo the covers wouldn't be able to come off?