1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage early '80s G&L Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MVPBASS, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    This is a vintage early '80s G&L case. It came with an '82 L2000 so it is an '82 at the latest (possibly older), in clean cosmetic condition with no structural issues, hindges and latches are tight. Brown lining as all early, original G&Ls.

NEW Price Drop
    $99 shipped

G&L not included

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Could be 81, but it's not 1980
    IME, 1980 and very early 81 had "short haired lining" versus the longer pile on the lining on this case.

decent price, good shape, hard to find if you want the correct case for that year.

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Where would this be shipping from?

4. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Bump

5. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    To the top

6. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Will include this with the sale of my L1000 unless it sells first so jump if you're interested.

7. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Case still available

8. Rebmo

Rebmo

Aug 19, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I believe Chef is correct. Just checked my case for my 80 L1k and sure enough, it's got short hairs. The 81s I have long hairs. So far the statistics point to short hairs in 80.

9. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    $99 shipped

10. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Nice case, and a great looking bass too.......... that pickguard was a great idea man. ;) Will a P bass fit in there?

11. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Thanks, I actually have a couple of those half guards in B/W/B if anyone is interested. As far as the case, it should accommodate a Pbass since the G&Ls are pretty much modeled after the Ps.

12. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Sold to Rebmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.