Vintage Fender 2x15 cab baffle board questions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Telepunk, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Telepunk

Jul 14, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    I got an old cab for $50, a vintage Fender Bassman with 2x15's.....

Ths speakers were generic replacements (non fender) and they were blown anyways......
    The problem is the dumbass who had it for me, put in 2 10"'s speakers (pioneer speakers from a car!) they were
    blown also......

So there is 2 holes for 2 10"'s, but I don't want that, I only want 2 15" speakers.......

I am really bad with sawing and measuring and technical stuff, so I was wondering if I can use some plywood to cover up these 2 10" speaker holes......

Not sure if it would affect the sound, it would be covering these holes up, do you think it might rattle? I am thinking of doing this first, and if not have to bite it and get or make a new baffle board

Any ideas?
  2. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    First of all, you'll have better luck with this query in the Amps section. One of the mods will probably move it there before long, but in future, it's much better to save them the trouble. After all, they're the ones that prevent things from descending into flame wars and anarchy.

Second, I'm trying to picture this and if you could post a pic of how these extra speakers were put into the cab, that would help a great deal.