1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Vintage Fender 68-73

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jones64, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_1569.JPG I have no idea what it is worth and listening to reasonable offers. Fender value experts feel free to chime in.

Awesome sounding and playing Fender P neck and Jazz body. Body professionally refinished in Tobacco sunburst. Badssas II Bridge installed along with all black Schaller tuners, string retainer and strap button.

After I bought it brought to two local shops (Windsongs and Front Porch Lutherie). Both said body and neck are from the 68-73 era. No date stamped on neck heal, but other marks. Frets are in great shape and came wearing flats. Neck feels great and very very easy to play. Perhaps the best I P neck I played. Very broken in.

Fender experts may be able to see the pics and chime in on the years, authenticity, ect.

Sound like a old jazz with a little more heft. Lots of tone different between the pickups,
    and that grind and cut that vintage basses have. Bought it from the some one who said he was the nephew of Larry Sims, the bassist for Loggins and Messina, the Sunshine Factory, and other projects. It seems legit as Larry had just recently died, and his nephew was selling a few of his basses. this one stood out the most and was in my budget. I mainly play upright and 5's so it hasn't seen much action out side of the studio couple of times, and it should get back in the work force. I think it sounds great and should be played. It feels and sounds very full in the lower notes in a way vintage basses do and not like many contemporary basses, but also has the definition of the jazz pickup. If I had a preference, someone would buy and play it.

Not really needing anything, but an upscale 5, Mesa Subway, Audiokinesis, Epifani, Bergs, or Fearful cabs would be of interest. Trades +/- cash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Forum rule = you must state a sale price.

Jones64 likes this.
  3. Acoop

Acoop Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Any idea about the electronics, pickups and pots are they original? ... Is there a serial number on the neck plate? ... Any close up pics of the neck, front and back? ... I'm guessing this is a 70's p-bass neck on a refinished late 60's body? ... Weight?

4. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    If you want we can FaceTime and I will show you around the bass if you like.
    I will work on getting the other info.

5. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    My my luggage scale batteries ran out of power, likely form the kids playing with it. I would say not too heavy 9lbs?
    I attached a bunch of photos form the inside. I have no idea of what I am looking at and even it you are not interested in buying the bass any info or thoughts about what it is would be appreciated. Thanks Bubba

Attached Files:

6. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Here are few more. Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Hoping for some thoughts from Fender experts.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018