1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Fender Bassman Cabinet Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Salvador Ruelas, Aug 11, 2019.

1. JMV

JMV

Apr 23, 2019
    Ditto Rebrangus' comments. I have a '68 and definitely has center baffle board into which the cab back is attached with screws. Recessed cups for feet of head were, to my knowledge, not a part of Fender's repertoire from back then. Also confirmed, the "3 handle" system seemed the norm on the 2x15 bassman cabs... and good point on 4 mounting studs (again, hard to tell from pic) but if confirmed this might rule out Fenders as I recall them. Could the one with recessed cups possibly be Acoustic brand? In any case, looks like a fun deal and makings of an interesting project!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. nomaj

nomaj

Apr 2, 2012
    My '68 Bassman drip edge has the 2 x12" cab, but I see that 2 x15"s were introduced later that year.

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    See!?! I’m not the only one playing polka-funk!

MattZilla likes this.
  4. JMV

JMV

Apr 23, 2019
    Finally had a chance to double check my '68 Fender 2x15, definitely no ports.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Salvador Ruelas likes this.
  5. Salvador Ruelas

Salvador Ruelas

May 3, 2018
    Midwest
    Thanks for checking!