1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

VINTAGE FENDER (EARLY 70'S) JAZZ WITH US 62 RI P NECK $850 SHIPPED!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by poman, Jan 22, 2012.

1. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    I have just assembled a bass that turned out killer. This is a BIG sounding jazz and the neck pocket perfectly fit like a glove. I love this bass, but have two other vintage jazz basses and just can't afford to keep her. Here are the details:

I think she weighs about 9.5 to 9.6 (my scale wouldn't register so I had to weigh it with and with out me. If I am measuring right she is about 1.75 (maybe 1.65 depending on if I am doing it perfect). A really nice flat wide P neck, and it sounds like a mac truck ;-)

Neck&Electronics:
    2001 AVRI PRECISION neck, the wide and flat p neck everyone loves, has some nice subtle flame on the back. All hardware from a road worn P, basically same quality as fender CS. Custom Shop pick-ups, control plate, knobs, and wiring . Fender 62 reissue pickguard with a few coats of tinted nitro.

Body:
    The body is a very early 1970's/late 1960's natural finish on (alder I think)wood. The original finish under the pick guard is still glossy and beautiful. The original owner, in the early 80's had routed a hole through the body between the control plate and the bridge to install a pre-amp. Some years later, the preamp and active electronics were removed and the body cavity was filled. It has a Fender vintage reissue bridge. The bass comes with a nonoriginal vintage case in good shape.

For the money..you won't beat this one...it's a great player for someone.

****************PRICE REDUCED!!!!$750 Shipped and Paypal accepted*******************************

Attached Files:

2. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    :bassist:

Attached Files:

• 456.JPG
      456.JPG
      File size:
      41.3 KB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
  3. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    :hyper:

Attached Files:

4. I really like this bass , i have looked at it a few times-fantastic looking. If it was a P body as well I would be on it but i dont dig the J tone, if you ever part it up let me know a price on the neck/tuners.

5. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    For now lets say*** $750 shipped ***...this is an absolute steal for this bass!!

6. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    I might consider parting her out for the right offer :D The tone of the this bass is fatter than most jazzes (maybe the P neck??).

7. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    That is bad A$$!!! Really wish I had the scratch for this one. Killer price!

8. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    I have had a few trade offers. I am looking for cash mostly, but I will listen to any offers ;-)

9. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    What's the main difference between the P neck and the J neck? Can it be explained, or do you just have to feel it?

10. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I may want the neck.

11. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay

Jan 15, 2011
    I like things that go BOOM
    red carpets would roll before me everywhere i go if i had this bass.
    i really, really want this bass.
    i could be better at everything if i had this bass.
    hmmmm

12. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    SOLD!! :bawl: