1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage fender jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coronado3, Dec 10, 2017.

1. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ok, I just got this and I dig it, BUT I'm just a p-bass guy at heart! Plus, I could use the dough...

Info from the original ad - note:no longer has badass bridge - now threaded saddle fender RI

Vintage Fender Jazz Bass: Weighs 8.8 lbs
    Real, vintage 1968-1974 Fender neck (refretted recently), beat to hell (or reliced) 90's '62RI Fender (MIA) body. Body has an AMAZING grain!

Frets leveled, crowned and polished by Kevin Brubaker (yes, that Brubaker)! He also gave it a full setup.

Currently sporting a '70s RI relic fender bridge, '70s RI tuners, Seymour Duncan quarter pound pickups, CTS pots, and Dunlop flush mount strap lock inserts. Very straight neck, low action, tight pocket fit, awesome tone.

Neck is FAST, action is low, Plays better that 9.8 out of 10 vintage jazz basses that you will put your hands on. Neck can't be exactly dated as the typical pencil written date by Fender has long worn off, but based upon feedback by TB members and my own research, it's a 68-74 neck. $1,200 (split shipping). CONUS shipping only

2-. 1-. 3-. 4-. 5-. 6-.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Any trade interests? Also do you know the story on the little holes above the bridge (just curious because it looks like something was installed there at some point).

Thanks

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Neat.

The back of the neck looks like it was sanded. Did you get it like this? 68-75 neck dates are stamped not penciled in.

4. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I got it this way... The holes are from the fender mute system that was on jazz basses in the early '60s.
    As far as trades, I could do a partial trade... Maybe an Aguilar head would be cool

BigDanT likes this.
  5. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Pmed

6. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    image. Looks cool with the pickguard off!

7. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Righteous bass there. Lots of mojo!!

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Oh wow. Wish I had cash for this because I love that! Whoever buys this keep me in mind if you ever want to sell it down the road.

9. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Played it tonight. Awesome. Gonna pull it for now