1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Fender recommendation Montgomery AL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nutdog, Jun 28, 2012.

1. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    My uncle played guitar. I never saw him play growing up. Didn't know he did until he found out I played bass in the 80's. So he pulled out his guitar to show me. A 1956 strat.

He was an avid woodworker and had refinished it. It was too late to tell him that wasn't a good idea. He never put decals on it.

He's passed on now and his son asked me if I knew anyone that could help with getting proper decals and fixing up the Fender Pro-amp he had so he could pass it to his grandson that's taken up guitar. The amp has also been re-covered in grey vinyl.

I've got some leads in the Atlanta area but he's closer to Montgomery and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good amp and/or guitar repair/restoration type guy in that area.

Thanks.

PS: Whether or not you like the refin is probably moot because it was done by his father and is unlikely to be changed.

d516dd66.