1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

vintage flatwound string silk end colors

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bon viesta, Feb 17, 2021.

1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    getting real real real nitty gritty here, but bear with me. i have a new jazz bass project underway, i’m trying to build a time machine parts jazz bass from about circa 1969. i’m wondering what color various string silk colors were from 1969, because i’m sure they change a lot. if anyone knows what the silk colors for labella flats or fender flats or any other vintage string were around 1969, that would be appreciated! i’m eyeing labella right now, because i think they’ve stayed the same for the most part.

trothwell likes this.
  2. I think Fender flats were green like the current ones. I have seen pics of La Bella flats ( claimed ) from the period and they were blue.

Maybe some others can chime in on this. I’d like to know colours during the 50s & 60s too.

bon viesta likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021