1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

vintage gibson EB-0

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peaveyuser, Jun 9, 2007.

1. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Today i was biking around and checked out a garage sale. At this garage sale i found this vintage gibson EB-0 that had a good chunk of the body off of it and half of a headstock. I asked the seller how this happened and he told me it was smashed by jimi hendrix's bassist and that it was a vintage 1950's EB-0! I then asked him if he had any proof that it was his bass and he said no. I also saw that the bass had no vin so it could very well be not from the 50's. Really he only thing useful and that might be worth something are the pots, pickups and neck. What do you guys think?

2. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Offer him a hundred bucks for it, if he sells then you might just have a piece of history, if he doesnt then I'd walk away.

3. DanielM

DanielM

Jan 6, 2007
    Holland
    I thought Reading played Fenders. also since when was there EB0's in the 50s? maybe late '59 but I doubt it.

4. That early in his carer wasn't Hendix still rythem guitarist to Tommy Chong?

5. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

+1 The 59 EBO (first one) looks like a Les Paul Junior. The pointy "SG" style didn't come out until 61.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I'd offer him $25 bucks for it. It's not worth much more in that condition.

7. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Well for 200$ it's a rip and it is a sg body style, so there he's lying because he said it was a 57 and it might as well be an EB-3 which is has an sg style body and was only introduced in 61. He says he's posting it on eBay tomorrow I'll post the link if I can find it. What a class A jackass, probably thinks he can fool people, i can pick up an EB in working condition off of ebay for less than 200$. If he fails I'll offer him 20$

8. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Sometimes I think it is not always a case of fraud, or a class a moron...just someone who is woefully mis informed and who is also pig headed enough to belive that everyone who is telling him otherwise is the one perpetrating the scam.....

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021