1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Gibson Grabber Neck Partout: Neck / Tuners / Truss Rod Cover Name Plate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by beebassdude, Jan 16, 2013.

1. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    So im parting out the neck of my 81 gibson grabber:

Im calling the neck "non functional" as there was an old headstock repair long ago that is now coming loose, which prevents the action from staying low around frets 1 through 3. Board has scuffing more on the bottom frets, dont really affect the sound. Also the nut is not original. Truss rod works and turns, and frets are solid, just the headstock repair has worsened over time. Someone with wood working skills could probably fix it and make it useable, that person is not me. im looking for $150 shipped OBO.

The tuners are perfect, all turn and have all original hardware with them and are 100% complete and functional. a set just popped up on ebay of the same tuners for $400. im looking for $200 shipped OBO.

I have a g3 name plate / truss rod cover. Screws arent original but do fit, and the plate is solid with no cracks. I just sold the back plate for $40 shipped so for this piece of plastic id take $30 shipped.

If you want all the pieces let me know and we can work something out as well. these will be on ebay soon if they dont sell as i need cash. pictures are below.

neck1_zps3904065a.jpg

neck2_zps15b43a79.jpg

neck3_zps4901d8f3.jpg

neck4_zps8e7970d7.jpg

neck5_zps1f2fdeb5.jpg

neck6_zpsfc520547.jpg

neck7_zps7ec00477.jpg

nameplate1_zps29cf9332.jpg

tuner2_zpsef205fe0.jpg

tuner3_zps620ee52a.jpg

tuner1_zps1c5fd7bf.jpg

2. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    Bump 1

3. Bump for some hard to find parts. If I was brave I'd try to fix he neck but most likely I'd end up with firewood :)

4. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    haha, these are headed to ebay soon, not hits over the week and i gotta move em.

5. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    last bump before the bay

6. timwoodie

timwoodie

Apr 7, 2014
    Rhode Island
    Did you end up selling the neck?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021