1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Vintage Gibson RD Artist Bass first production year 1977

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by weekend warrior, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale or trade is my Big and Beautiful Gibson RD Artist Bass. These are nothing short of killer! Every tone imaginable can be achieved. It sounds like a piano! And that being said..It feels like one when you pick it up..lol...Its a sweet and effortless player. With a comfortable and perfect straight neck. No fret wear or neck issues of any kind.Brass truss rod not doesn't have a mark on it and turns easily. The original Moog electronics are superb! Quiet and flawless. They have never been tampered with other than cleaned with dioxit when I first got the Bass.It sounds incredible. These where state of the art and top line in they're day.This is the rarer sunburst over maple with Ebony board. The finish is still very nice with only a few minor flaws. It has a slight rub thru on the back of the neck. and a guitar stand latex reaction mark on the back of the neck. Its a BGN stamped Bass wich according to Mr. Gruhn was a common occurrence in the factory. There is a small piece of the pickguard chipped off at the lower horn tip other than that there is not much else to talk about anywhere on this Bass. lt comes with its original case that's still very nice and even have the original case key set. I will package this with my Guild B302 I have for sale for the right trade. Thanks for looking all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. more pics kids and a couple of the Guild for a refresher. Old Fender Jazz Basses , Rickenbackers, always get my attention. Will listen to all trade ideas however

Attached Files:

Caca de Kick and handofseven like this.
  3. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    DAYUM! I can feel the heat from here! Maybe it's time to sell a few things...

weekend warrior likes this.
  4. Drastic price drop kids!

5. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    GASSSSsssssy!!

weekend warrior likes this.