1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage GK Gallien-Krueger 800RB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Thank You Leo, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Price:
    I bought this head new in 1987 and it has served me faithfully since. I've lost count of all the 'latest/greatest' heads I've picked up over the years that just didn't hang around because they simply didn't do the job like this amp. Even after I went to a full rack system I still used this guy for backup and rehearsals. It's been in an SKB Roto Rack with a Furman RP-8 for most of its life. The original heads like this one did not have bolt on rack ears, you needed to replace the ends of the case. I was able to get a set from GK in the 90's and the amp has been racked ever since. The original amp ends are also included as is the original power cable.

The amp is in great shape; there's hardly a mark on it. All the knobs are intact and original. No bent cooling fins. Only selling due to my pending move/downsizing.

Paypal is preferred, but can accept other payments if necessary. Will split the shipping cost, CONUS only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

What part of Connecticut?

3. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Central (Cheshire)

57pbass likes this.
  4. Isotonic

Isotonic

Oct 19, 2011
    Round Rock TX
    Wow! What a time capsule!

Blues Infidel likes this.
  5. Thank You Leo

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    I try to take good care of my gear. It was my main gigging amp - actually my only amp - for many years and until recently I still used it on a pretty regular basis. When I was taking the photos I had to remind myself that I bought it over 30 years ago. There are some faint scratches on the top that came from me resting a piece of gear I was testing on it back before I mounted it into a rack. It really is in nice shape.

Isotonic likes this.
  6. cressotti

cressotti Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Pm sent

7. prue

prue Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    New York
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, DR strings
    Damn, I missed this. So close too.