1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Vintage Guys 24 Hour Bass Liquidation Sale!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vintage Guy, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Well the wife has finally given me an ultimatum. Give me some space or else. Since I have 40 bass's crammed under beds and in closets,something has to give. I figured it would be cheaper and easier to sell some of my collection,than replace her. So here we go gang with the first four to go. What I am pricing these at is what I have in them.They all have been purchased here as an entire bass or in parts form and have been assembled by me. If any of you have assembled a bass from parts,it is not always a cheap way to get an end result. All of these are great players,and I have used them on several occasions. Just not into 4 strings much anymore. None have cases or bags,but will be packaged and shipped Fed Ex Ground Insured. For over 30 years I have shipped all over the world,and have had "0" issues. SPECIAL TODAY ONLY! THE ONE REMAINING BASS IS $225.00 SHIPPED tODAY!

Bass # 1. Martin Stinger 4 string in basic black. These were made over seas for Martin from what I have found. Bass has a "P" & "J" pickup configuration. Plays well and sounds pretty decent. Overall condition is good. Priced @ $175.00. SOLD!!!!!

Bass # 2. This little gem I got here. It is comprised of an SX Sunburst Jazz Body with a Squier VM "P" rosewood neck. Body has the stock pickups with a MIM control plate loaded with 250k Alpha pots,a .047 cap,and Jazz knobs. A Fender std bridge,and Chopper Music Faux Tort guard have also been installed. I put a set of slightly used Flats(make unknown to me now),and A Fender Precision headstock decal. Overall condition is very nice,with one nasty one inch dent on the lower bout below the control plate. Received that in shipping to me. Great playing/sounding bass for $225.00 SHIPPED TODAY ONLY! Great price for a really nice player!

Bass # 3. This was put together from parts purchased here. The body is a black Squier Affinity ,loaded with SD QP3's,and mated to a real nice Squier Jazz neck. A pearloid guard and a new set of GHS medium rounds are on it. Super nice bass that plays and sounds huge! I also put a 70's Fender water slide on the headstock. Was not cleared over,so it can be removed. Overall condition is great! Priced to go at $225.00! One of my Favorites Here! SOLD !!!

Bass # 4. This is one of Joe Milstein's Fiesta Red P/J bodies I mated to a maple on maple All Parts neck.Has a 70's Fender Jazz waterside that has been cleared over. Currently running a slightly used set of GHS Medium Roundwounds. Only issue I can find is the neck has a bit of fret wire sprout. Plays out well and looks great. I'll take $225.00 for this one also. SOLD LOCALLY!

Check out the pictures below,and ask questions. These are also going on Craigslist tomorrow,so get em while their hot! Also I would like to be paid in a fee less way. Also prices are not set in stone. A reasonable offer will be considered.

Attached Files:

2. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    More Stinger Pictures!

Attached Files:

3. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    SX Jazz/P!

Attached Files:

4. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    More SX Jazz /P pics!

Attached Files:

5. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Black Precision/Jazz!

Attached Files:

6. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    More Black P/Jazz!

Attached Files:

7. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Fiesta Red P/J!

Attached Files:

8. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    More Fiesta Red P/J!

Attached Files:

9. PM Sent on the Stinger

10. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Bump for Brother C....who has learned how to stay married!!

11. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Thanks,Denny! And yes I learned to hide things very well!

12. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Great looking inexpensive basses for sale. Look at our feedback, we've had several dealings. Always great!

13. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Only one left. The real nice SX Jass with a Precision neck in a beautiful Sunburst Finish! $225 Shipped today!!

14. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.