Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vintage Hartke 4x10 in NYC Area for $175 Local Pickup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

All-

As some of you know from my previous thread, I bought a AMP BH-420 head off of this guy for cheap (he works for a music production company and he found this gear in storage in the warehouse and said it's been there for a while and his boss is letting him sell it). He shipped my head and it's on a truck for delivary to my house now (woohoo!). Anyway, he also has an old Harke 4x10 that looks to be in good shape and he is only asking $175 and I'm sure that you could get it for less (I talked him down a little on the head). He sent me a pic of it and I uploaded it for viewing below. If any of you local New Yooooorkas want it, contact me and I'll shoot you his info. I have no affiliation with this guy, nor do I know if the cab is in working order (although it looks to be in damn good shape). I even rolled the dice on the head (he could not test it for me). In any event, it could be a good deal...

[​IMG]

2. foose4string

foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    Maryland
    What do you suppose the specs are on a older Hartke like that? I need to find a mate to my 400RB. Too bad I didn't see that Peavey thread sooner, fellow Marylander here.

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Are these better and/or more reliable than the newer hartkes?

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have no idea what the specs are and if these are better. I'm not making a penny on this and again, don't know the guy. Just trying to hook up a fellow TB with a potentially smokin deal... $175 (or less if you talk him down) is dirt cheap for a quality US made 4x10 in good shape. I'll let all of you know how my AMP BH-420 that he sold me work out this eve...

5. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    thanks again Quad...

I'm haven't called...gonna pass on this one.

..did a little research on the older 410s, and seems they are 200W @ 8 ohms and 88 lbs.....was looking for 4 ohm and a little lighter....

Still a great deal , tho....someone should snatch it...

BTB

6. foose4string

foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    Maryland
    same here :eyebrow: