Vintage Hartke 4x10 in NYC Area for $175 Local Pickup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

As some of you know from my previous thread, I bought a AMP BH-420 head off of this guy for cheap (he works for a music production company and he found this gear in storage in the warehouse and said it's been there for a while and his boss is letting him sell it). He shipped my head and it's on a truck for delivary to my house now (woohoo!). Anyway, he also has an old Harke 4x10 that looks to be in good shape and he is only asking $175 and I'm sure that you could get it for less (I talked him down a little on the head). He sent me a pic of it and I uploaded it for viewing below. If any of you local New Yooooorkas want it, contact me and I'll shoot you his info. I have no affiliation with this guy, nor do I know if the cab is in working order (although it looks to be in damn good shape). I even rolled the dice on the head (he could not test it for me). In any event, it could be a good deal...

2. foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    What do you suppose the specs are on a older Hartke like that? I need to find a mate to my 400RB. Too bad I didn't see that Peavey thread sooner, fellow Marylander here.
  3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Are these better and/or more reliable than the newer hartkes?
  4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have no idea what the specs are and if these are better. I'm not making a penny on this and again, don't know the guy. Just trying to hook up a fellow TB with a potentially smokin deal... $175 (or less if you talk him down) is dirt cheap for a quality US made 4x10 in good shape. I'll let all of you know how my AMP BH-420 that he sold me work out this eve...
  5. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    thanks again Quad...

I'm haven't called...gonna pass on this one.

..did a little research on the older 410s, and seems they are 200W @ 8 ohms and 88 lbs.....was looking for 4 ohm and a little lighter....

Still a great deal , tho....someone should snatch it...

6. foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    same here :eyebrow: