Vintage Ibanez UE303B (Autofilter, compressor, chorus)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tekhna, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No experience, but I hear good things, and I'm always gassin' for one.
  3. prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    I had a UE303B. It's a great box. Built like a tank, hard wired with a fuse. AF-9 is my favorite filter. The Chorus/Flanger is actually a great sounding pedal. Pretty warm, organic and can be very subtle (in a good way) - I think it actually lies somewhere between the 9 and 10 series. The compressor is ok/usable.

The ultra cool thing about it is the effects loop that is built in. Very nice with an Octaver or Distortion with the AF-9 pedal.

i sold mine because I have all my bases covered seperately. I used to practice with that box though. Nice size/usability. An AF-9 is my most used effect still.
  4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I love my UE303B. The autofilter sounds great (fat, warm, and dynamic) and is very versatile. The compressor is handy for keeping the deep lows of the autofilter from getting out of control, especially when I'm using Boss OC-2 octave and Crowther Audio Prunes & Custard distortion pedals. Adjusting the attack time of the comp when using the filter, you can get some very synth-like tones.

I'm not crazy about the flanger (my Boss BF-2 is warmer, weirder, and clearer) but the stereo chorus sounds very good. Compressor + chorus together with a Jazz bridge pickup = instant '80's new-wave bass sound.

FX loop, AC power, and master bypass switch make this a very useful box.