1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Vintage Japanese VANTAGE VP710B (the nice one) dual precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave79, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

If you haven't played on of these you're missing out. They have not one but two of my favorite precision pickup ever made, the beige DiMarzio. In excellent shape for its age, few marks, missing one gear cover, and some stand/hanger residue on the headstock that can be removed by hand. Plays great and has little fret wear, a really sick slapper too.

$350 in pocket

Vantage002007WK3GEMRALMUSIC011.

Rest o' pics:

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii496/virginiastrings/Vantage Bass/

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Gorgeous. Just sold my backup here a couple of weeks ago but no way am I letting go of my last one. These are amazing.

I am giving both a free bump and a free endorsement. This gives you everything in a precision and then some. For the price of a MIM P you get world class build quality and tone. Seriously.

GLWTS

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Thanks, yeah I was keeping tabs on yours, I hate to list something that other people have up (unless it is something ubiquitous).

4. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

bump

5. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Is this neck-through? Beautiful bass!

6. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Nevermind. Just saw the rest of the pics. Awesome deal here. Wish I had the cash.

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Yeah, it's actually a set neck that's made to look like a neck through. At least that's what I think is going on there.

8. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

bump

9. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Matsumoku factory beauty. My '81 Ibanez RS924 has one of those same dimarzio style split P's. A very hot, dynamic pickup. I would love to hear two together.

10. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Includes this TKL case that's in pretty nice shape:

BKMN4001.

11. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Sep 6, 2008
    I have one, and it is a really nice bass. Mine is more beat up than yours, but it still sounds and plays great.

It is a great slap bass, but an even better taping bass, imho. Set the action low, and go with both pickups.It is excellent for tapping that way.

12. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.