1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage L-2000 Question

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Johnny Alien, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
  2. I've neither seen nor heard about one like that. Based on the year, it might be a prototype L-2000 that never saw production. CLF/MM was ending, so something with StingRay spacing (which is what it looks like) isn't too big a stretch.

Ken...

3. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I want one!

4. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah- looks like the middle-ground between the L2000 and the MM Sabre...

Karl

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've never seen one like that, but I'd like one please;)

6. Y'all could have one. It just wouldn't be a G&L.

Ken...

7. That pic is kinda fuzzy....cant make out the control plate. I wonder if that's the passive L-2000?

My memory is even fuzzier, so I don't recall the pup placement, but I saw/played a passive 2K when G&L first hit the stores. Unimpressed with it, I went with the awesome 1000 instead.

8. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    You would need to get an L-1500 and mod it.

I have never seen one of those but I have heard 3 firsthand accounts of them. The great white buffalo of G&L basses.

9. GGJaguar

GGJaguar

Jun 15, 2005
    Yes, that is the passive L-2000. Some were made before they were yanked from the price list, but none have turned up in nearly 20 years of looking.

GG

10. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Woa the passive L2000?! Can someone upload a picture to TB? I really want to see it but my work internet filter blocks ebay.