For Sale Vintage Magnavox 7027A matched 5 (or 6?)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by StuartV, Jan 16, 2015.

1. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Price:
    I have 6 old Magnavox 7027A tubes for sale. I bought them back when I had an Ampeg V4 amp, to have a ready spares. I never needed them and I sold that amp almost 2 years ago. I don't foresee ever getting another, so I may as well quit hoarding these tubes.

When my amp was first being serviced, I had my amp guy test these tubes to identify me a matched quad, if possible. My amp guy, at the time, was Skip Simmons (http://www.skipsimmonsamps.com/), out in CA. He is awesome with vintage amps. He tested all 6 and wrote on the tops of each one what they tested at. 5 of them are labelled "110" and one is labelled "105". Obviously, 5 of them are perfectly matched. Whether you consider 105 to be close enough is your call. Personally, I don't know enough about these things to say how good a match that is.

Let me be perfectly clear: As far as I know, these tubes are used. I did not buy them all together. None of them were sold to me as NOS and none came in original boxes. But, also as far as I know, they are good, strong tubes, ready to go.

If you have an old Ampeg V4 or V4B, these would be a perfect set of power tubes plus 1 for-sure spare to just drop in and 1 that would probably be fine to drop in, if needed.

I think they are probably worth $150 for the set. I looked on eBay and it seems these are hard to find. Coincidentally, $150 is what I just paid for a new set of tubes for my B-15R, which is what made me think to dig these out and put 'em up for sale. I am no vintage tube expert, but I know enough to know that there are tubes that look the same to me, yet people will pay twice as much for one as the other because it has a black plate or a red base or two halos or whatever. So, if I am completely out of touch with reality on my asking price, please send me a PM and explain it to me. OTOH, if this really is a good price, feel free to reply in this thread and say "Wow! That's an awesome price! Someone should grab these, quick!" :D

2015-01-16143937.jpg
    2015-01-16144057.jpg
    2015-01-16144153.jpg
    2015-01-16144201.jpg

mb94952 likes this.
  2. daltontomlinson

daltontomlinson A fun San Diego gig

Apr 16, 2012
    Kansas City
    It's a good price and quality tube.

StuartV likes this.
  3. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I know there's a V4 or V4B out there somewhere that would sound a lot better with these tubes... :)

4. spankdaplank

spankdaplank

Jan 19, 2003
    Philippines
    I would love to put these in my Peavey VB-3 and do some very nasty things. But alas, I no longer live in the USA.
    Somebody buy this great deal.

5. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    You pay the shipping and I'll send them to the Philippines. No problem!

6. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I don't know who moved this thread, but thanks! I realized much too late that I probably should put it here instead of in Amps. I was contemplating figuring who to ask about getting it moved. Now I don't have to!

7. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Hey Mike, what day is it? It's BumpDA-AYY!!

mb94952 likes this.
  8. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Suspended Supporting Member

Why yes it is. Bump for a great friend and honest seller who I didn't know until the other day sight reads !
    Mike

9. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Since I'm trying to sell a couple of basses, I may as well mention that these are still available, too.

10. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    These ARE still available....

11. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I may be interested in these... I've got this thread in my favorites & will get back to you... : )

PawleeP and StuartV like this.
  12. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    u still have?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022