1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Vintage Modified Jaguar Club Sign-Ups Here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Sep 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. OK - looks like someone has to do this - so I'll volunteer.

Standard rules: post a pix of your VM-Jaguar Squier and we'll see how many members we can get.

I'll keep records on Wordpad and as it grows, I'll copy/paste/post the names/numbers as they happen - OK?

First things first - I'll put up my VM-Jag and let's see who's next.

[​IMG]

Send tips, tricks and concerns you notice about yours - good and/or bad and we'll see how these turn out.

First thing I do is wax mine with about ten coats of carnauba wax and use a lot of high pressure from the bony part of my hand to heat up the wax as I rub it into the back of the neck to gloss it up.

Just remember that I'm on California time and may be asleep when you are up or vice-versa. I'll get to everybody and if somehow I miss you, just either PM or yell at me here. Sundays and Thursdays I am pretty busy in a non-secular way.

2. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    Here is a pic of mine I got this week. Really digging this bass. Just love the weight and the sound of the pickups.

I have a set of Fender vintage threaded bridge saddles I was hoping to put on the Jag but they wouldn't fit. The bolts with the springs around them are too large of a diameter to pass through the bridge plate holes. I wish the bass had come with the bridge that is on my Classic Vibe 60's Precision. It is Squier's version of a high mass bridge and is very nice. A bridge modification/replacement is the only thing I plan on changing on the Jag, everything else is just right for me.

[​IMG]

3. First victim!

bass4u is number 0002

Keep us informed what the changes to tone/volume, etc you get by putting a Hi-Mass bridge on if you do it. I think it'll detract from the qualities that make this a truly different bass now.

4. I just ordered one from my local L & M. I'll post a pic as soon as it comes in.

5. Let me know ASAP when it comes in so you can get a Charter Member Number.

ADDENDA: bass4u, who signed off on your QC sticker on the plastic shield over the PG?

If you still have it, snap a pix of it too. Let's see whose was built/inspected first. I put mine under the PG and can take it out later - after I play it for a while that is.

6. id like to seem some modded, just to see the different things people would do to them.

7. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    I threw the sticker away but the build date was June 23rd.

I'm looking for a bridge plate that will fit the Fender threaded saddles I have. Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Heck - let's play them a while first!

The neck is great, the electronics scream at you and the action is flawless.

What else does one need?

A heavy bridge is just gonna suck some of the built-in tone out of it for the sake of bragging rights - so why even go there?

Unless something breaks, then I vote to leave them as they are.

FWIW: My wife's still all original equipment too.

9. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    I'm not necessarily looking for a HM bridge, just a regular bridge plate that will fit my threaded bridge saddles so I can get the string spacing I desire. I normally play Precisions or Stingrays which have a wider neck than the Jag.

10. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    my Jag is finally in the house ... only played this cat 10 minutes, but i´m already very impressed, great bass for the money, much better than i expected ... the inspection sticker says july 20th.

toooooo early to think about modifications ... i would love to check out a black BadAss II bridge on it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. OK, 0002 - fasto

12. Ok..I'll take a number

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Bump...knock knock SurferJoe :)

14. Hey Moses Great close up pics, looks like it is very well made.BTW I am CDN too,how much are they in Ottawa? Thanks. L.P.

15. The bass itself was $315.00 and I bought a hardshell case as well. I think the total, taxes in was $460 or somewhere in that ballpark.

16. Gotch all!

Thursdays I am not very available, that's why the slight delay there, BulbousMoses - and then there's sleep.

OFFICIAL SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAGUAR CLUB

0001 - SurferJoe
    0002 - bass4you
    0003 - Fasto
    0004 - BulbousMoses

17. Thanks, mon!

18. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    They look very well made.. too bad I'm not a fan of the shape. If they did a stack pot jazz I'd be all over it!

19. I just picked one up today. Gotta get pictures.

"14 July 2010" Inspected by....'Doris' !

Doris needs to do a better job Q.C.ing the volume pots. One of them was faulty. The tech at the store fixed it so hopefully no more issues.

20. I would love to see Cream pick-up covers on one of these basses.