Vintage MusicMan Amp Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lucyfur, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Not sure how many MusicMan's are still being used, but I took a look around, and didn't find this club, so thought I'd start one.

I bought the HD150 head from a fellow tb'er a couple of months back, and picked up the 115RH cab a month or so ago off craigslist. The head is is decent shape for it's age, but the cab came out of a church, and is in near-mint condition.

Post pics if you want a number.

Lucyfur - #1

Attached Files:

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    [​IMG]

Rebuilt RD-100 with SED Winged C 6L6 's. custom 2x15 my design using 12 mm baltic birch ply and fEarful style bracing. The carcas was built by Singlemalt, I finished and tuned. Loaded with 3015's... It is an awesome rig for recording... Most of the time I run the amp in the half power (50 watts) mode often with a Heil PR40 on one of the 15's.

3. funkytoe

funkytoe In Memoriam

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Played that exact same rig back in 1980-81. Here's a blurry picture of me at soundcheck back then - playing a 1979 Mockingbird Bass. Wish I still had them!

Congratulations on a great looking (and sounding) rig~

Attached Files:

4. Looks like this may be a small club.

#1 - Lucyfur
    #2 - 4Mal

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hah!

6. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    Does an old HD130 212 guitar combo count?
    If so, I'll snap a photo of mine.

7. Fine with me, lets see it.

8. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    my MM130 pair. 115H has an reconditioned EV pro 4oo watt 4 ohm speaker in it. sounds awesome. The 212 has the stock 12's in it that need to be upgraded. honks a little when pushed. IIRC the 12 were really guitar grade cts speakers.

9. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I'm currently running my Ampeg V4B with the gigantic 118 RH cabinet. One of the reasons I love these so much is because they are like the only 1x15/1x18 cabs that are wide enough for the V4B.

10. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Cool, count me in!
    I have an HD one fifty in near mint condition and love it. I can get a nice tube overdrive sound out of it at reasonable volumes. My next quest will be a 115 or 212 matching bass cabinet for it. I've also found it to be a great head for my Les Paul guitars and pairs well with a Marshall half stack.
    19.jpg

Khronic and GreaserMatt like this.
  11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Nice pic!

GBassNorth likes this.
  12. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    It's at my son's studio in Florida. I'll be there later this week and snap a photo or two. Probably won't post them until I get home later next month.

13. Didn't see the picture. :confused:

14. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Sadly I don't have any MM gear any longer. But in July 1976 I bought a brand new 212RH. Then, in December of '77 I bought a new HD-130 (still with 12AX7 driver tube). Sometime around early '79 I bought a new StingRay. I had the whole system in the famous "Power, Percussion, Punch" ad (funny, everything except "precision"!?!!).

Should kept the head, and I think I'd still like the cabinet too....

John

15. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    I bought my 212 guitar combo around the same time. It also has the 12AX7.
    Bought a Stringray in 78. Sold it in the early 80s after I switched back to skinny strings.
    Bought a 212RH a few years later. Loaned it out in the mid 80s and haven't seen it since.

16. #1 - Lucyfur
    #2 - 4Mal
    #3 - GBassNorth

17. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    Dah!!!!! forgot the picture

mmamp1.jpg

fourteenstrings and GreaserMatt like this.
  18. #1 - Lucyfur
    #2 - 4Mal
    #3 - GBassNorth
    #4 - jumbodbassman

19. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    Great, a MusicMan Club, I've got a HD 130, it's one of the smaller models, no reverb or tremolo stuff, just 2 "normal" inputs on the left and 2 "bass" inputs on the right.
    Trying to get pics tomorrow.
    I love this amp, great pedal platform, I use it for my "dirt channel", into an Ampeg 2x10&2x15".

GBassNorth likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021