1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Vintage Musicman Stingray--PRICE DROP!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 77jazz, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    *******PRICE REDUCED********

I have had this Pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray for a long time and she is SWEET! The lowest action I have ever seen on a bass without any fretbuzz. It seriously almost plays itself. As far as I (and two local music stores) can tell she is all original. She has her share of finish wear and mojo, but is in perfect playing condition. Natural finish, maple neck and board, black pickgaurd. I have no idea what year it is, if it helps, the serial # is BO218**. She will ship in a newer Ernie Ball Musicman hardcase anywhere in the lower 48 states. I will not ship out of the Unitied States. Price includes shipping. If you have a Birdsong Sadhana or a Cortobass, I would love to trade. But if you have something really cool, feel free to run her by me.
    I prefer a Postal Money Order for payment, or face to face transaction in ND,SD,MN.

Price dropped. Now $1525 shipped CONUS.

MusicmanStingray001.
    MusicmanStingray003.
    MusicmanStingray004.
    MusicmanStingray006.

2. fretwear

fretwear

Mar 7, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Check out the link, serial number and head stock data points this bass towards '82 or newer? But look for your self, I could be all wrong.
    This link is loaded with good info on MM and Sabre.

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/

3. i think your right fretwear but im not sure either... i could be wrong....but it seems to be a 83 model

4. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    I dont think there is much chance of it being newer as they were bought out shortly after 82 and went to the E.B. name and logo. Thanks for the info and the link.

77jazz

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    That is DAMN SEXY.. and i dont even like maple fretboards... bump for awesomeness incarnate.

6. you might be right!!:)

i know tber CaCa de Kick knows alot about these basses and has a very nice collection as well...maybe he might share some light on this model..........but

She's a great looking pre EB bass....thats for sure!!!! just the right about of mojo as well:hyper:

7. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    It seems the serial numbers vary on these pre transision to EB Musicman basses.
    It's probably an 80-81 but the only way to tell for sure would be to remove the neck
    to see the penciled in manufacture date.
    In any case, someone is going to score a nice pre EB 2 band SR4.

8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yes, it's definitely a preEB, probably about an '81-ish.
    Very nice looking one too!

9. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    I might also consider other trades as long as they were "nice" stuff.

Perhaps an Ampeg B15 + a little $.
    Or a Ken Smith, MTD 435, Valenti, or simillar 4 stringer (preferably with Soapbars). I would also consider partial trades, but again, only for "nice" stuff. I don't need another USA Fender etc............

You never know, throw your trades at me.

Thanks.

77jazz

10. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    Bump.

11. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    pmed

12. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    Still available. I would consider an SVT Clasic and SVT 8X10 for my Stingray.

77jazz

13. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    PM's replied to. Still available, and price dropped to $1600 shipped in the lower 48.

77jazz

14. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    Bump.

15. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    PM's replied to.
    I would consider trades for (all 4 string) a Sadowsky, neck through basses with oil finishes, FBB, Birdsong, Roscoe, Dolphin Pro 1, Smith, Tobias, MTD, etc...............

Thanks.

77jazz

16. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    PM sent.

I really hope we can arrange something!

Thanks!

17. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    Free Bump for an absolute TONE MONSTER.
    :D

18. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    I would also consicer a Sadowsky Precision, or a USA Bob Glaub in trade.

Thanks.

19. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Damn, you're gonna regret this.:scowl:

One of THE nicest playing (and sounding) basses I've had the pleasure of playing. Someone's gonna get a killer deal on a killer bass here!!

20. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    I don't doubt that a bit. Offers, both trade and cash welcome. I would consider an olympic white 08-09 Fender P + $, a high end short scale, a high end light weight bass (only 4 string, fretted basses), a Mesa powerhouse JR (4x8=1x12), sadowsky P, Neckthru, oil finished basses have a soft spot with me as well.

77jazz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.