1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage neck like 60's Jazz?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Scutterflux, Jun 8, 2007.

1. OK, My L-1000 has a very thin neck, and I believe 1 3/4 wide, I really enjoy the thiness of this neck, it's the most comfortable 1 3/4 at the nut I've played, but then you get into the newer style necks and they're thicker. The newer ones don't feel the same, when did this start to change, was it gradual. Did they put a 1 1/2 on the early jb-2's with a thin feel, or were they like the modern J neck's.?

I guess what it comes down to is did they make a jazz style neck 1 1/2 at the nut with the thin feel of the early 60's fender Jazz basses? And what years did they do this?

If they did I'll bet it started to change after Leo passed:(

2. Try a #6 neck, the radius is closer to the old Fender.

3. The newer ones don't feel all that nice to me they seem to be deeper (front to back) than say a vintage fender.

How about the 80's SB-2's and JB-2's do they have a 1 1/2 nut, and the feel I'm after?

There's not allot of vintage G&L's anywere around here, but I'd be willing to take a risk, as long as I could sell for what I paid, and possibly keep my eye open for one on TB or e-bay.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021