1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Vintage original #1 Labourie Bass (Quenoil style) 1993 from Barry Green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Barry Green, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Price:
    $28500
    Strings:
    This is my treasured Labourie Bass #1 of this style 1993 purchased in Cincinnati at Rabbath Workshop with Labourie personally presenting his first two basses in this legendary Quenoil style. It served me as my #1 bass flawlessly for 30 years. Has removable neck, Labourie adjustable end pin or traditional style. Removable neck for travel. Only reason for selling is that I just acquired a 200 year old Italian solo guitar shaped bass and need these funds to help pay for the new bass. Bass is in perfect condition. Rabbath has played and recorded on this bass while on tour. Just used with FR in a future duo recording of Cri de Venice. Mixed feelings to let this bass go. FYI I was formerly Principal Bassist with the Cincinnati Symphony for 28 years..while this was my solo bass. Active soloists to this day. Price is negotiable.
    Front overal.jpeg Back 2.jpeg Scroll back.jpeg Ribs and fronrt.jpeg Scroll front.jpeg Barry bass.jpeg Ribs and fronrt.jpeg Scroll back.jpeg Scroll front.jpeg FRONT CLOSE.jpeg IMG_0348.jpeg Ribs and fronrt.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  2. Adam Booker

Adam Booker

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Strings, Remic Microphones
    That’s a real beauty, Barry! Good luck with the sale!

3. Thank you Adam...I'm getting the 1820 Giuseppi Baldantoni pear shaped bass!