Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Vintage" Peavey website?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfly, Aug 15, 2005.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Anyone know of a website that has info on "vintage " Peavey basses like the T20, T40, Fury, Foundation etc..?

2. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Here you go

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
  4. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Now you know the pain many of us TB'ers have felt trying to find info on that old piece of Peavey gear we bought that is causing cracks to appear in the neighbour's walls. :eek:

5. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Although if you are willing to fight your way through the inconvenience of the Peavey forums and you are lucky enough to find someone that answers your question you might get what you are looking for. Peavey's owners manuals were actually very good back then, giving options, materials, dimensions, settings, etc.

If you call them on the phone they can almost always find someone that knows the answer. You just have to be willing to sit on hold. Talking to Peavey is kind of like calling your local hardware store.

6. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    The web site has the manuals for a lot of the vintage stuff in downloadable PDF format.
    If you are looking for the year a bass was made or how many of each was made. The forum is your only option.
    From what I understand Peaveys serial numbers are issued as each item comes off the lines. So one may have been a T40 the next a microphone and the next a amp.
    So the Peavey CS people have to look up the serial in their data base to find out when the item was shipped.

Rusty

7. lola99

lola99

Jan 28, 2006
    I have a 1984 Peavey Fury. I used the forum on the Peavey site to get the year based on the serial number and then downloaded the manual. It was very easy to do.