Vintage Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Yes, that is sick. Don't even think about it

5 vote(s)
  2. No, you're not sick. Go for it, buddy!!

2 vote(s)
  3. Yes, that is sick, but in a very very good way. Go for it

1 vote(s)
  4. This is a stupid question that doesn't deserve a response.

1 vote(s)
  1. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    well, I might be sick in the head, but I have a friend with a vintage peavey cab loaded with 6 12s and I'm considering this cab to pair with a vintage Ampeg 810. Also I just like collecting these sorts of things and hope to fix up both cabs. My question is this: does anyone know of what cab this might be? Or does anyone have any links to sites with info on older PV cabs. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

<b>I'd ask this on one of the Peavey forums. Is it the cab with a horn plus 6 12s? I don't remember any 6X12 bass cabs, but there was a keyboard/PA one, and I think there was at least one guitar cab without a horn as well. I believe some of the southern rock bands (Skynyrd?) used the 6X12 cabs with the old 160watt Peavy Mace amps. They were made out of particle board back then, and the cabs themselves were not too durable. If you just dig these for nostalgia value, have fun! I used to make my living repairing tons of Peavey stuff, but it's come a long way since then. A lot of those old cabs will be missing the logos, we all pitched them back in the day.

----Charlie Escher
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    You're actually going to carry a 612 AND an 810 to a show?
  4. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    well, after another night of insomnia last night I began to reallize that this idea is crazy. I think I could spend my money a bit more wisely. And the 2 cabs would be overkill. But still any info on vintage peavey would be cool.
  5. your back man, do what you want with it.
  6. the words vintage and peavey should never be used together.
    i'll admit peavey made a few darn good products,the combo 300 was the B-15 of the 80s (i had two of those) and some of the p/a stuff does the job as well as anything,but just call it old,used or 2nd hand.

"nothing they ever made deserves to be called vintage"..