1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Vintage SSD Spector Euro 5 - 10.84 lbs! Just back from the shop - New Pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by somecoolname, Dec 1, 2018.

1. somecoolname

somecoolname Supporting Member

May 10, 2013
    Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    Vintage SSD Spector Euro 5 - 10.84 lbs! Built in 94/95. I am the original owner.

$1400 plus actual shipping from 97214. Will ship any way you want.

Just back from the shop. Needed a new jack and one of the pots was dirty, now cleaned and did not need replacing. Neck has been dressed and polished. 100% fully functional. No issues.

Heaviest documented Spector I can find is 10.35 lbs. This is half a pound heavier. Spector lists the NS5's and Euro 5's at approx 9lbs on average. If you don't know what this does to the sound of a bass head over to your local Fender shop and play an Alder body P or J bass and then play a Maple or better yet Ash body.

34" scale. 9v. V,P,B,T. Thin semi asymmetrical neck, can be setup with super low action. Body is much thicker than current Euro models or any Spector I've ever played or owned.. Natural finish, no urethane. 1.75" at nut, 2 3/8" at the 12th fret. Hasn't been played in a few years. It's missing the truss rod cover. It shows some signs of use, from my thumb resting by the pick ups, gold slightly wearing on the edge of the bridge - yeah I actually used this thing!

I've worked in the audio and music industries for over 30 years. I worked at Thoroughbred Music (Armadillo) for a brief period in the 90's and because we not only built the BOB series but were the distributors for SSD exclusively in the U.S. I had pick of the litter at all times. This bass was like no other I've seen before or since. It's a tone monster!

I've had 4 Spectors, 2 SSD's, 1 NS 5, and the first 35" Euro LX 18v that I got directly from the factory after 6 mos waiting. Those were all fine instruments. This bass is a cut above, it's alive. I've had friends say the same thing. Local buyers are welcome to pick it up and check it out ahead of purchase.

Thanks! IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0284.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. Foderaslover38

Foderaslover38 Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2018
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

somecoolname likes this.
  3. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Gorgeous!!!!

somecoolname likes this.
  4. somecoolname

May 10, 2013
    Thank you!

I can't tell you how many Spector owners have lost their stuff when they play or hear it. It's like a vintage Jazz bass that's over 13lbs, it's the bomb!

I suffered a TBI from a medical procedure and can't play anymore. I've kept it for a few years hoping things would change. Have to let it go.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. somecoolname

May 10, 2013
    Pulled the listing - sent bass in for POTS and neck dress. Will re-list when it gets the seal of approval.

Done! Good to go!

12-13-18

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  6. somecoolname

May 10, 2013
    Sold at auction in 12 hours. $1300 + $100 shipping short distance.