1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage style amp cases?`

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greyvagabond, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of, or seen, a vintage style amp casing, like a rack case, but one that looks similar to an old SVT, etc. I've seen some of the new aguilar ones, and they look AMAZING, so that's what got me thinking. Are those cases the normal rack space size?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Good idea! I've thought about buying some old dead (undesirable) amp-head to mod the box into a rack case, but I've never ran into anyone manufacturing something like this.

Those Aguilar rack cases do look really nice. I want one too, but they dont seem to offer a 4-space.
    Here's their cases for anyone interested:
    http://www.aguilaramp.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AA&Category_Code=HC

I checked their amps dimensions, the AG 500/AG 500SC case models should be a standard 2-space rack made for an amp with a 10" depth. Their DB750 rack case is a 3-space model made for their 14" deep amp.

3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Mesa is doing this kind of thing too. They offer the big square, vintage looking head cases for the MPulse, Titan and Fathom series heads. I bet you could find the manufacturer somewhere.

It looks kind of funky to me, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I do believe I saw a 4-space Aguilar head-case in a NAMM photo, so they may becoming avilable.