Vintage SVT preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metron, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Ive never seen anything like that, but, i would buy it now for sure! just looking at the guys feedback, and thats a nice price if its working :)
  2. timv

timv Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    I have seen a couple just preamps on ebay before but I am pretty sure they are still tube or it would be called the sbt or whatever. I think that is a pretty steep price though...
  3. Having a re-read of that . . . is it solid state ? hmmmm
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, I got excited too, but it IS solid-state. It might sound like an SVT preamp as the seller claims, but I'm not paying that much dough for what it is in that condition. Besides, a lot of SVT preamps are noisy as hell IME.
  5. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.

the SBT was originally sold paired up with a powered speaker cab, IOW, the power amp was inside the cab not the head. i doubt it sounds just like the tube version, but since that is a subjective observation, i also would probably make that statement if i was trying to sell one :)
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Maybe I'm seeing things but doesn't it say SBT underneath the white rectangle on the back?
  7. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

and the SBT cab was almost identical to the 2000S, came loaded with Altecs (typically) and was in its time, one heck of a set up. Most of them were sold as two cab set ups. 120watts RMS per cab if memory serves.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.